We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
- You complete one of our registration forms or provide any other information in regards to your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make to your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about an insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or enquiry in which you are involved
- You submit your details as part of an enquiry on our website
- We receive any information about a workplace accident you were involved in
- You provide us any additional information about you
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks and other background checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our direct marketing to you
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential or actual employers, clients of AJBC or trusted third parties
- AJBC Employees, contractors and potential employees and contractors
- External providers of online training and inductions (e.g. mandatory OHS Inductions) and background checking agencies(e.g. criminal record checking and credit checking agencies)
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information
- A workers compensation body
- Any person with the lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We do not disclose information about individual visits to our website
Management of Personal Information
At Alex James Bespoke Careers, we train our staff to respect the confidentiality of your information and the privacy of individuals. Hays regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon severity. Alex James Bespoke Careers have appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that our management of personal information is in accordance with this policy and the relevant Privacy Acts.
How do we store and protect personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
Alex James Bespoke Careers takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. We recognise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
Enquiries & complaints
You can make enquiries, requests to access/delete or correct your information, or complain about alleged breaches of the Australian Privacy Principals to our Privacy Officer:
Alex James Bespoke Careers Pty Ltd
Level 17, 9 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to make your application in writing verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made and provide access to the information in the manner requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you in the circumstance that it may apply. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal and the process for escalation regarding this refusal.
You may request that we correct the personal information that we hold about you if you deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps under the circumstances to correct the information.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons detailing our refusal to correct the information and the process for escalation regarding this refusal. Should we refuse you may ask us to place with the information a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading and we will take such reasonable steps under the circumstances to associate the statement with your information. If you wish to exercise your rights of correction you should contact our Privacy Officer in writing. We will not charge you for making the request to correct your information, correcting the information, or associating a statement.
Alex James Bespoke Careers have several areas on our website where you can submit feedback, under the ‘contact us’ section. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of AJBC. We may use this feedback, such as success stories or responses to surveys, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the site.